- What is “personal information”?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- What information do we collect? The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which We collect and hold about you may include.
- Details you have submitted through forms, purchases or donations on this website including names, addresses, email addresses, purchase and donation details and other personal data provided.
- Login information including username and passwords provided by or assigned to you for subscriptions or memberships of this website or communications.
- Facebook and/or other social media username and other information that you have posted or been tagged by related to RCoTS or its associated facebook and other social media sites, pages and groups.
- How we collect your personal information
- Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
- Access and correction
- Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below.
- Complaint procedure
- If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by the Secretary of the RCoTS and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Overseas transfer
- Your personal information may be transferred to Rotary International and other Rotary Clubs and Districts in Australia and overseas or the RCoTS may disclose the information to outside parties in the course of undertaking Rotary activities and Programs. You consent to us transferring your personal information to the above entities / organisations in the knowledge that if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction, we disclaim responsibility and you will not have a remedy under Australian law.
- How to contact us about privacy
- If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us via email on: email@example.com.